Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dishwasher Loaded and Ready

The Young men and Young women of the ward were having a service scavenger hunt tonight. I was informed to have something for them to do when they come over to our house. Of course I had to do the pre service project cleaning. I decided to load the dishwasher. I loaded 23 cups, I know that I did the dishes last night. So between the 5 of us we used 4.6 cups each throughout the day. 4.6..... What in the world is that??? At least my family is not dehydrated. I do not think my lips touched one of those glasses either.
I do not think my kids understand that glasses can be washed and reused. Each new beverage does not need to go into a clean glass. Milk, water, and any soda pop can be easily rinsed out of a glass and that same glass re used. Jill's little sister will not drink dairy products from the same glass as someone else. I know that my brother's wife never drank the last splash of milk from the bottle. Her family always threw it out with a small splash still in the bottle. One of the first times she ever ate at our home Dad was pouring milk for everyone and he happened to finish off the jug right into her glass. I think she almost died.
Beverages have become such the place setting in our lives. In the seventies cars did not have cup holders, now your car better have a cup holder that holds a big gulp sized cup. How many of us drink 32 ounces or more a day. I used to down the Coke, the guys at work said I had brown blood. Not lately though, I have not had a Coke since Oct 4th. I am going to celebrate that on my birthday with my first cold one in 6 months. At least I know that I have enough cups!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Why start up again when you've got 6 months down?? Those early months are the hardest! Hi, I'm Lynne and I was a Pepsi-holic! lol

Jill said...

I agree with Lynne, you've done so well for 6 months.

By the way, I'm never going to church again. I can't believe that you let the Young Womens Presidency come in and clean our house!!!! They were only supposed to vacume out the car!! That way they wouldn't actually come inside the house.

I am so humiliated!

The Harding Hive said...

Hilarious! We have the same problems with cups at my house.

And Jill, I didn't come to your house, but don't worry... your poor Chris had to clean one of my toilets. We got done early at the Montgomery's house and still needed more points, so I took my group to my house. To make a long story short....your Chris will probably never set foot in my house again in fear that he might catch a disease!

The Wibergs said...

I can totally relate to the cup situation! We have that too, but I'm the guilty party...always handing out a new for each drink requested. Funny.

Enjoy that coke today!