Monday, May 4, 2009

And the WINNER is......

Hi my name is Greg (Hello Greg) and I am an addict. A gambling addict, I can feel the pulse of my heart deep in my chest. The thump, thump..thump, thump keeps the blood running throughout my veins. Much like the rush you get at a NASCAR race. The roar of the engines down the front stretch gets it going. Also waiting for that third king when you have a pocket pair, or betting the pass line and holding your breath to make sure that no 7 or 11 is rolled at the craps table.
A few years ago I had the experience of going to Reno, Nevada with some friends for a business meeting. I am a gambler by nature. I ran the football book from my 6Th grade year all through high school. I lost more money betting against the Jazz than I can remember. Anyway in Reno these friends taught me craps. I had so much fun. being up $60 dollars going to bed made my heart race. After about 1 hour in the morning was in the hole 20 and looking for the ATM. Gambling is an addiction I cannot face.
Sunday the stake president got the blood pumping. We are getting a new bishopric next week. He told us to tell our friends, and I started the odds table. Looking around the room and keeping your eye out for the oddities of the ward can be so much fun. I heard the whispers.... you know "he has bought some new suits recently", or "how many times has he even talked to me." Don't lie to me either, you were looking for the weird things that have happened recently. Fun thing would be just to invite your family into town Saturday, then the rumor mill will really be flying. I have my front runners. This is not the place to lay them out, but if you want to call I will give you the low down.
And the WINNER is .......... (wait for it..... wait for it)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

thanks...see what happens when you miss one sunday? I didn't even hear the news...good thing i read blogs or i would have been completely surprised.

Aly said...

LOVE it!! The buzz around this neighborhood is a HOOT! Funny how wondering WHO is going to be the next bishop gets EVERYONE going.

So are the winnings going to be in the form of a donation made out on a tithing slip to the new bishop??

Jill said...

I NEVER KNEW THAT YOU LOST MONEY GAMBLING!!!! Now I know if you ever ask me if you want to take a second honeymoon to Vegas you really want to go and play Craps!!!

The Harding Hive said...

You are a crack-up...SERIOUSLY!! I was laughing right out loud reading this.

P.S. Are you trying to throw us all off with this post, acting all anxious, when really, it is you that will be the new bishop?

Jill said...

Ahhhh, Sara he just admitted that he likes to play craps, texas hold'em, and blackjack. Is that behavior becoming a bishop? I don't think so.