Sunday, July 26, 2009


I have been duped, taken advantage of and otherwise used. This all done by my own daughter! Tuesday I officially lose my little girl and hatch a young woman. She is leaving for girl's camp. I am OK with her going and I know that she will be safe and have fun. I just thought I had a little girl still. Saturday afternoon her and I sat down to go over the list of items she needed so we could go to the store. Toothpaste, hand sanitizer, rain poncho, sleeping bag, etc. She got down the list to femine hygiene items and she looked at me puzzled. "What is that?" HA, HA, that is my little girl. I casually explained in my best man knowledge what that included and we were off to the store.
Walmart is a great place for everything girls camp. They carry items from rain poncho all the way to "secret sister" gifts for under a dollar. We had the list and checked it twice, we were missing nothing. So we were off to grab some food for lunch and Kate piped up. "Dad, I need Sunday shoes. Can we look at what they have here." Walmart shoes are cheap and I am all about cheap so I agreed. After a short couple of minutes Kate comes around the shoe aisle and says what about these Dad. They were heels, I had never seen Kate wear heels, but all girls do and I honestly could not remember if she had any or not. I asked if she could walk in heels and she said of course and said she wanted them so she did not feel so short. I had her try them on (ask me another day how to fit pants without trying them on). We traded for a larger size and headed out.
When Jill got home later that night I got told what I had done wrong. (See us men do not think we do anything wrong until we are told) Kate did not own any high heels and had never owned them, and these shoes were... how did they word it...... "hooker shoes" (not my words). Hmm well, I guess I do not get to take the girls shoe shopping anymore! YIPPEE (see related article on "how to get out of stuff")
Watching Kate try to walk in them at church was funny, but all women do it and I told her to look around. Watch all of the other ladies, they have mastered it. Heel, toe..... maybe I could do it. We had a baby giraffe loose in the halls today. What a day to be alive!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Kate looked GREAT in the shoes. You better watch out.

Julie said...

Greg, you are funny.....I just hope that Amanda doesn't do the same thing to Gabe. Next time ask her to walk in them BEFORE you get them. Good luck with the loosing the baby girl, we have already lost one, just 3 more to go.

Sharron said...

I don't think Kate needs to look any taller, she is tall enough, thank you, as to walking in heels, Greg, try walking in them you might like it, and man what good advice in trying on paints. Keep up the great work Dad.