Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Unthinkable!!

The unthinkable has happened. No, my kids have not grown up and moved out. Kate has not started kissing yet, Chris still is big and awkward, & Kolbie has yet to talk in a quiet voice. (That is for another post, just ask the Terrys or Vincents someday). I will always worship red, and follow the Dodgers with real intent. Of course the Cowboys have my heart, and after last night I have been walking on cloud nine. The unthinkable is worse than that.

Of course I like everyone else cannot take full credit for the unthinkable. It was not my fault. Today started out sort of normally and in all reality was VERY normal for me. I got up early so I could make plenty of time for the kids to get ready for school. I was showered and I poked my head in to get Kate up and going. The only thing I heard was "Dad I am sick". So, I ignored her and figured she was staying home. I went downstairs and got the big gulug up and going. Tuesday's are my day to open the shop so that means I leave for work at about 6:30. I got ready and instead of waking everyone up for prayers I left them be and went on my way.

It was still dark, like it has been lately. I hate going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark. That time is rapidly approaching, but that is not the unthinkable. I motored right along headed north on 5600 West. I did not hit it very well and traffic was backed up. Down by Cafe Rio, my favorite fast food Mexican restaurant, I noticed a lady coming out the driveway behind me. She was Not going to wait for someone to let her in. No way she was coming right into line, Behind me. No big deal. This lady was right on my tail end. At our break necking speed of 5 miles an hour I could see the whites of her eyes and the reflection of my red brake lights on her teeth. Are you like me? I hate when someone is so close to my back end. I could fart you know, I am old. Grandpa Greg is my nickname and not because I can drive the 3/8 mile in record time. I like my space, and I drive carefully.

After about 10 feet traffic stopped and she was right behind me (in Jill's car). So close I could not see the front of her Pontiac in my rear view mirror. She knew I was there, just watch out. Slowly the traffic creeped forward. Me with my eye on the dingle head behind me. Traffic stopped and so did I, slowly creeping forward as much as I could. The lady was not stopping and here it came... bump! She bumped into the back of me. I knew it!!! She was not watching. I knew it was coming.

I am a body shop guy, I know what kind of damage there can be. I pulled over and got out. She was very apologetic. She did know who she had run into...... I asked if she was OK, looked at my rear bumper, 1 small mark. Her car took the brunt of it. No big deal, I waved my hand and said don't worry about it. I am a nice guy, I could have strung her up, but what good would that do?

So we leave, she pulls out to pass me and guess what? She tailgates the guy all the way down the freeway. She will get her day... that is for sure.

So, no snow involved and me, the body shop guy, hoping all of you get into accidents has done it. I was involved in an accident. No neck brace or suing going on here, and just like I hear everyday.... It was the other guys fault!!!!!

1 comment:

Alverson girls said...

Very Funny Greg, very funny!