Saturday, September 19, 2009

Relax....

The church holiday is here, some of you may ask when is there a church holiday. "Stake Conference" I say. I know that I am going to hell and you will all try to stop me by saying what a spiritual feeding I can get. I know, I know, just let me dream a bit Ok. I could only go twice a year and fill fulfilled, but I choose to belong to a church that forces me to live it. I just need a break. Everytime I think about fudging a bit I vividly remember sitting next to Wendy at a church meeting and her giving me the hymn book and saying "you know how to read music you should be singing" She was right, I just need a kick to the head once in a while.
Gimmie a break, break me off a piece of that Kit Kat bar. The last few weeks and especially the last few days have been a struggle for me, so the chance to veg in front of a football filled weekend with no ecclesiastical responsibilities feels good.
I hope you all got to see the "Phillies foul ball girl" this past week. If you didn't google it and watch the video as Dad passes the ball he just caught to his little girl and she throws it back. That image keeps passing through my head as I yell at my kids and loose my cool. Last night at Hunter Highs football game I had had enough with Kolbie's antics. She almost got left, but after I took a deep breath I could see this man hugging his daughter to him....... I need to be better. Pray for my family we need the extra help right now.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I've seen that clip! I thought his reaction was great and probably different than mine would have been (unfortuately). Enjoy your football today...you just need a Pepsi to go along with it...

Anonymous said...

When I saw that clip, I thought the same thing. WOW! Sometimes I really miss the mark on parenting.

I am sorry that you are going through a tough time, Greg! I hope that everything comes around, and quickly!