Sunday, August 23, 2009

Baby Sitting

My Daughter has grown up enough to experience something that most of us have... Baby Sitting. The Vincents have asked her to help them out with their grand kids for a few days. She has also watched her cousins a few times. Yesterday she went to my brother and sister in laws to watch their 3 kids. She had an interesting experience. The Bickmores are bird sitting, what that involves is a bird in a cage and feeding it. The Bickmores youngest child, Harrison, decided to open the cage and the guest decided to get out of the cage. This bird is supposed to be mean with a big sharp beak. Kate did not know what to do. I guess they tried the open cage with food inside for the bird. They tried loud noises, they even locked themselves in the bed room so the bird would not get them.
I can just imagine Kate and the kids trying to solve the issue and get the bird in the cage. I do not do well with birds, so I can sympathize with her. Kate is a good girl, it is fun to see her grow up and solve the deal.
When I was a kid we watched the neighbors dogs. They were big huskies. One of them actually had attacked my dog and it had died. One morning we went to check on them and one of the Huskies had died in it's dugout dog house. It had been cold and I think it froze to death. That was a tough deal.

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hearing Kate tell this story is the best part of the entire ordeal. In my mind I can just picture her problem solving and brain storming ways to get that stupid bird back into it's cage. Finally, she just gave up and took the kids into the master bedroom and waited for Jennie to get home. Katie is such a good girl, and I love her so much. My sister and my sister-in-law came over last night and we laughed so hard about the entire "bird insident".

Aly said...

Kate really is a good kid! She is so cute with all of the little kids too. She is a fantastic babysitter, I know she has definitely helped with entertaining my kids before!!

Jenny said...

Good problem solving Kate! Glad the bird didn't attack her or the kids. :)