Sunday, December 21, 2008

I want to be COOL!

Dear diary,

I have come to realize something...... I am not cool anymore. I have passed the ripe time of wanting to be in the center of everything. Do you remember when knowing or even dating a cheerleader was awesome! I had the opportunity to go out with one of the cool girls for a while. She may have liked me who knows. I know she asked me to a girls choice dance so I must have been more than the weirdo, unless she did it on a dare?? I think that my red truck was even a way for me to garner some of that attention. Sitting in the flame ridden truck and wondering if every girl on the block wanted a ride was the "thing" to do. I have seen this in my primary class. They are of the age where being the center of attention is the way. I think that this is why we have such a hard time with them the last few months. Most of them are 12 and starting in junior high. They want to be Tom Brady, Jeff Dunham (comedian), and President Obama all rolled into one. Heck I think I know adults like that. I still have that inner desire. You know the kind, they haven't attended Sunday school in years, talk about all the things they are going to buy, and what kind of car they did (or are going to) drive. Today I asked the boys if they were ready for Christmas? They launched into the talk of knowing what they were getting, because they sneaked a peak. One would start talking the minute the other stopped. No one bothered to listen to each other, just 7 different conversations going on all at once. I could have said "there goes a naked Brooke Burke" and they would not have heard a word I said. Oh to be "THE" guy again right. Clicks can be funny if you are able to step back and see the entire picture. I ran into a couple the other day about my age and she was wearing her high school dance team jacket. Not sure if she was living in the past or if the closet was bare that day, but what was she thinking?? I think that some times those clicks get to an unhealthy point. Can you imagine our government that way........ Oh wait a minute I think it might be already, if you are friends with the president or have enough money you can get that popular position right??? What a sick world we live in. At least I can try to be a good person no matter what my neighbor thinks of me. (By the way, quit shoveling your snow on my driveway!!! or I will cut you out of the "in" crowd.)


On a more important note we got some good snowfall this Friday, but let it snow!

3 comments:

Alverson girls said...

Don't let those boy get to you. You are still WAY cool.(but I still think I'm way cool) But remmber, you are MUCH older than me. Love, Jay

Lynne said...

A dance team jackiet? Yikes!!!

Lynne said...

PS) If a naked Brooke Burk really did walk by I'm sure she'd have ther attention!(and everyone else's)