Sunday, December 7, 2008

5 people

Today I was reading in ESPN the magazine and an article got me to thinking and sparked a bit of a debate in the James household. Steven A Smith wrote about the people he would love to meet. So I asked everyone who would you like to have lunch with and spend the afternoon with. The person needed to be alive. I got answers form everyone. Jill was Obama, Mrs Obama, Nelson Mandela, and I do not know who else. Kate and Kolbie had Miley Cirus, Tayor Swift (me too) etc. Chris was stuck with Jeter, A Rod and the like so here goes my list of 5.

#1 Tommy Lasorda. Would it not be awesome to sit down with one of the greatest managers of all time. can you imagine where we would have lunch?

#2 Vin Scully, Ok do you see my theme? This guy is an incredible voice in basebal past. It would be fun to hear the stories that he has. I love the his Kirk Gibson world Series story.

#3 George W Bush, I am not a political guy, but I think the president would be neat to hang out with for the day. He likes baseball too so that would be fun.

#4 Tiger Woods, he seems like an incredilbe guy. He like sfishing and golfing. I would just like a portion of his determination.

#5 Thomas S Monson, how could you turn down the prophet?

If I could have more then Michael Jordan would come in, Oprah, Hillary Clinton, Theo Epstien, Mark Cuban, David Locke. I could go on and on. Let me know who would make your list.

(If I put Carrie Underwood on my list I think I would be on the couch..... wink wink.)

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I'd like to meet Obama, Maya Angelo, Langston Huges (oops...he's dead so maybe not), Oprah (almost got to last January...I ought to blog about the time I was invited to be a guest, but I don't think anyone would believe me). I'd like to meet Carl Malone and Antione Carr (he was my favorite Jazz player in the 90's)...maybe Ostertag so I could slap him in the head - he needed it so better late than never. :-)

Jill said...

David Locke? David Locke?!!! Why would you waste an afternoon of your life with that goofball???