Monday, December 28, 2009

A Young Writer...Published

I am published! Stand back for I cometh and will be heard! From the tops of the mountains shall ring my voice for all, well some, to hear and read in their minds. However insignificant my words shall be, they are forever engraved into time.
So you can take off your coat and shut off the car, No reason to hurry down to "Barnes and Noble" just yet. Although they do have good soup and great hot chocolate. Not to mention the many books for you to peruse. Just don't take one into the bathroom, it will be flagged and then you will be stuck with it. No my current book will never make it to the shelves of the great book store in the sky or to the one at Jordan Landing for that matter. My book will most likely be trashed and never be read, but it is bound and on my book shelf on this cold December evening.
I have written in a journal since I was a pimpled, still got those, teenager. Lots of meaningless words have flowed from the bottom of my pencil. Everything from those first dates, my college days and many mission experiences has made it to my precious spiral bound notebook. The last year and a half I have been enamored with ldsjournal.org. I thought lots about this online journaling tool and I decided that I needed to print it out so if something happened to me the family would know how to access it. So, I printed out from October 2008 to December 2009. It makes up 51 pages with some photos and writings all from ME! Not a huge novel, but it is fun to have.
Shameless plug for ldsjournal.com, it is easy and fun to use. Try it if you get a chance. Next time I blog that I have been published it will be for my real book. I have an outline and I am working on the rest. Someday maybe "Barnes and Noble", but not yet. sorry to disappoint, but someday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's great! I'm sure your family will love having your journals. I wish I were better at writing in mine - I will have to check out ldsjournal - maybe it will get me writing a little more again.

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful that you are working on a book, Greg! Very exciting!