Thursday, July 15, 2010

Synopsis summer 2010

It has been a little while, well if you can believe it I am still alive.  I could say that not much exciting is going on with the James', but it is always exciting on Woodgrove Drive.   Jill has spent quite a bit of time in the hospital the last 3 months.  Fighting these dang kidney stones is a battle to say the least.  The doctors just shrug their shoulders and say "deal with it".  What can we do, eh? 
In and out of the hospital has put us in dire spots, but we will make it.  If nothing else I still have a family that I love and can laugh with.  There is always somebody worse off, right? 
This has been the summer of no baseball, well sort of.  I got a call from a neighbor and he asked if I could come and help coach an allstar team over in Granger.  They were 10 year olds that got the raw end of the league.  We ended up with not one kid that had pitched on a regular basis.  Needless to say we got throttled 25-0 and 36-0.  We joked with Matthew that we needed to put a doggy cone on his head to make him pay attention.  He started pitching for us one game and it did not turn out so good.  No outs and 10 runs later he was on the bench taking a nap for 2 innings.  I guess if Ken Griffey did it why can't Matthew?   It reminded me of how much I love baseball and helping kids learn the game.  To see smiles after a good play or those oh yea moments when they forgot to cover the base, those times are priceless. 
Now I get down to business and get my book in order.  That is something I have always wanted to do.  I need to get it done. 
Well, thanks for reading, I promise more action in the future.  More laughs and maybe something embarrassing.  But for now Tchauzino!!!

No comments: