Thursday, July 22, 2010

To be a fly on the wall!

  The James Gang is certainly never boring.  If you lack sleep and would like a laugh just peek your head over at Woodgrove Drive, there is bound to be something exciting going on. 

   Jill is in the hospital for her monthly roto rooter hospital visit.  So..... the kids and I have got to keep everything else in line.  Yesterday I called to see what chores the kids had done and what was going on at home.  Of course nothing had happened and everyone of them was off in la la land.  I got them all home and gave them a list of chores to be done NOW.  After about 10 minutes I get a call and it is just hysterics going on.  This is not unusual I figure they were fighting about the chores.  No, Kate saw a bird down stairs.  A bird down stairs!!!! I am at work, getting ready to head to the hospital.  I was not planning on being home until late what do I do?  I told Chris to go down stairs with a big tub and put the tub over it.  Then I can get the bird out when I get home.  "Um, no Dad, I am not going down there", what????  Man up son, go down and help. 

   I called Kate, "what is going on?"  "It flew past my head and is in the laundry room".  I told her to go down and put a tub over it.  "Dad, I can't".  I tried to get Chris to go down stairs and hold up blankets from the ceiling, then the bird would go where we want it to.  No way was he going down.  I then got the brilliant idea to have them turn on the web cam so I could see what was going on.  There they were, my 3 kids and 2 neighbor kids staring back at me.  Kate then said she had an idea, Harley!  Oh no, that is all I need, the dog chasing a bird around the house.  I could picture a disaster!  (not that our house is pristine).  I turned back to the web cam and I see the back door open, the dog on his leash.  Alyssa with the broom and Savannah following the dog towards the stairs. 

   At this point I called Kolbie, "what is going on?"   " I do not know Dad, I am in my room with the door shut and a blanket over my head."  Click...... My kids have the circus market cornered.  Kate calls me back, we can't find the bird.  It must be back in the wall....... WHAT?????  Back in the wall????  Kate is sure that is where it came from.  About 10 pm, when I got home I went down searching for the bird.  Nothing to be found, no evidence nothing.  So my house is somewhat secure with a bird in the wall???

  After further investigation, Kate never actually saw a bird, she thought she saw one fly by her head.  I cannot find anything so who knows.  Chris would not sleep in his room last night, where is the video camera when you need it!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! I'm too much like your kids, I guess. One day I woke up and DID find a bird inside my house flying around frantically. I tried opening doors and windows but it wouldn't fly out. I called Alfredo at work upset, "What do I do?" Somehow I finally got it out... still don't know how it got in. Hopefully, there was NO bird...but either way, I hope it is gone. Sorry about all the excitement, especially when neither you or Jill were there! Hope Jill comes home soon!

Alverson girls said...

Do you remember when we had a bird in the house?
You have some silly kids! Thanks for the laugh! :)

Anonymous said...

How funny! It is good to record all these things. Life is so fun!

Heather said...

That is funny. Do you know that Kate called Dalin to come and get the bird out of the house for them? She said that Chris was too scared. I laughed when I heard the message, three hours later.

Geri said...

Must be a neighborhood thing, we have had TWO birds get in our house. The first one was fling around Sidney's room. We got it out with only minor hysterics, the second one managed to get in while we were on vacation. Sidney was much less calm about the dead bird she found in her room then see was the live one!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh!! I'm sure my kids would have done the same thing!
I am so sorry about Jill. I hope she comes home soon and is feeling better.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the laugh!! I'm sure my kids would have done the same thing!
I am so sorry about Jill. I hope she comes home soon and is feeling better.