Monday, November 10, 2008

Funny Story

Today at work, while we were accepting our shipment for the day, our truck driver (Steve) asked me if I was still talking to my husband.

I was a little shocked and thought this question was a little weird. I told him of course I'm still talking to my husband, why?

His response: I know that you voted for Obama, and you mentioned that he voted for McCain. Are you guys still speaking? I know guys at work who aren't speaking to their wives because of this election.

I ended up joking about this. I just said that Greg and I always cancel out each others vote. I also told him that Greg voted for looks (Sarah Palin) and not on the issues.

I've written on my blog that Greg and I don't see eye to eye on many social and political issues, but that doesn't mean we won't speak to each other. Greg has always been someone I can talk to and share my ideas, a lot of the time he gives me a different perspective (although, I don't know if he's say the same about me).

Maybe Greg and I have thing really good if we can talk about political and social "issues" and not get really mad at each other because we don't agree very often. The weird thing is, I get a lot more worked up about things when it's someone else and not Greg. Or maybe we just put up with each others crap!

No comments: