Sunday, February 15, 2009

Book Review


I am really sorry, but it is time again for me to give an un asked for opinion of a book that I just completed. Again, I do read sometimes, in fact I have 3 books in my Que still waiting for me to open their pages so there.
This is another of my mission companions great books. I am glad that I got the chance to read some of his works over the last few years.
This is the story of a young man engrossed in his life in New York City. Set during the time that Katrina hits New Orleans. He receives a call from a stranger stating that his acoholhlic father is lost in the storm and he needs to come to New Orleans to help find him. Luke embarks on a journey not to find his father, but to reconnect with himself. I really liked this book and encourage anyone to read it. I was impressed with the feelings that it gave me right now in my life. Especially as I have been reconnecting with friends and old acquaintances, and making new friends. "Facebook" and my blogs have helped me to find something that I had been missing for sometime. Some of you may know that I have had a blog for quite a few years now. I think I started some 3 or 4 years ago, but recently I have begun to really connect with other people and I have become interested in their thoughts. I have realized that life is way to short to get stuck in the now and I need to lift up my head and discover all that is around me. My past is not the most glamorous and I am not perfect, but I do have a story to tell just like everyone else. This book helped me to see into those stories and pull out the good from everyone. Thanks, Elder Wright for another great story.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Just so you know, I like your "unsolicited" book reviews. :) I haven't read this one yet, but I really liked his other two books. It's cool that he was your mission companion.