Friday, February 20, 2009

Larry H Miller 1944-2009


Tonight we, all Utahns, mourn the passing of a great man in our community. Larry was a great leader in our community. I was never a great fan of Larry or his family, but as I now look back at his legacy and how it affects me I feel a need to thank him in my own way. I know that Larry's hand was felt when I was playing fast pitch softball. I played on a 18 and 23 and under team that traveled around the country. I now know for a fact that we had to have some unknown person helping us along. Our coach would never tell us who was behind the scenes helping us, but I know that Page Brake and Larry H Miller were big parts of that.
Certainly Larry has had a large impact in the automobile industry. He owns many of the places where I currently buy parts and just maybe without him it would be tougher for us to do what I do everyday.
Larry owned many car dealerships, the Utah Jazz, Salt Lake Bees, Miller motor sports park, the Megaplex theaters, KJZZ TV and many other things. I salute Larry and what he has done for me and my family. My thoughts and prayers are with the Miller family.

2 comments:

Lynne said...

I just heard about this last night -- you're right on about his impact and legacy on the community and so many others.

Pistolmom said...

Wow, I didn't know he had passed on. Live out of Utah now.

www.mytitleofliberty.blogspot.com
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com