Thursday, February 5, 2009



















Jill so kindly pointed out to me last night that I have not posted in quite sometime. Kolbie is over at dance so I have about 20 minutes before I need to leave so I will peck out something for my entertainment. (That is what this blog is, my entertainment)

Some of you may know that my brain thinks in only one gear..... No not sex, it thinks lots about sports. Today I had a lunch date with my new fantasy baseball league. We all met up at "Five Guys" in Midvale to discuss the up coming season. I had the cheeseburger with all my favorites, I wonder how many weight watchers points that cost me? So here is how the date went.... calling it a date sounds to feminine. This was the owners pow wow. I am related to 4 of the 10 members of this league. They have endured my begging for years to let me into their league. See I usually end up in the Yahoo league that by Memorial day there is only 1 guy left playing and it stinks. Lance finally gave me the OK and let me in starting way back in November. I inherited a pretty bad team so this off season I have bartered and got rid of the dead wood. (the league is calling me the Dodgers east because I ended up with a heavy load of the blues) Today was my first face to face meeting with the guys I had been emailing and chatting with for the past 3 months. It went well, I was fashionably late. I figured I did not want to be on time because I am the rookie so I might have to buy everyone Else's lunch. After I get my food we begin to discuss strategy and the what not. They are pegging me with questions about who my keepers are going to be etc. You know when you picture online friends one way and they turn out completely different, well that was how it was. They seem like a great bunch and I should have fun with this new adventure.

I collect baseball cards, boxes and boxes of them. I have more packs that are unopened than I dare let Jill know about. I really like the pictures on them. I do not want a card with some reflective background. I like the bats to be swinging and the arms to be flailing. I am weird that way. So lately I have this itch to buy more of my favorites. More Dodgers of course and I will see if I can find some of my old favorites. These are the pictures of the guys I have on my team currently. Of those 7 guys I need to keep 5. Tell me waht you think. Should I take my chances that Manny will sign? Or play it safe with Jimmie Rollins and the gang.

1 comment:

Eric, Mindy and Kacey said...

Dump Rameriez... pick up a Yankee, like Jeter.

Not for me... make your Grandpa Mackay proud.

Eric