Thursday, January 22, 2009

Do you like Me? Yes ____ No ____ (check the box)


Yesterday I was confronted with the dreaded Yes or No note. Come on, you all know what I am talking about. "Do you like me Yes ___ No ___" . Do not try to pretend that you were not on the receiving or giving end of one of these in your lifetime. I can remember Kelly Seikman in the 5th grade at Oquirrh Elementary. All of us boys wrote those notes then chased her down to give them to her. Of course we were all scared to death of her, and I do not think she ever answered any of us. Later on in high school the rumor was passed around that her and her boy friend spent lots of time sluffing school and having sex on her kitchen counter. I am not sure she was the type of girl we wanted anyway, but the excitement of the "hunt" had begun.
Kolbie brought this note home and said that Kaleb only likes her as a friend. It sure is fun. It made me think about my younger days. In junior high I had 1 heavy crush, Aimee Harris, I could not stand anywhere near her without getting twitter pated. I had to walk down her locker hall just for the chance at a glimpse. Even in High School I was not that out going to ask or be in the proximity of the girls. I do not think it was until after my mission that I developed a set and "asked" someone straight out for a date. I wonder what it is. Girls are people too, they do not come from another planet (Venus), or put on their pants any different...... I know what it is.... WOMEN. Women cause everything we do. If not for women, men would stay at home watch football all of the time and go fishing. It causes the speech to become slurred and sweat glands to produce. The young kids do not realize it yet, but that is the cause of all this that we do. Oh to have the fun kids life again. (by the way I locked Kate and Kolbie in their rooms until they are 25, no Yes___ or No ___ boxes for them)
PS. My first date with Jill I told her that it was an assignment from the stake singles ward that she needed to complete.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Hillarious. I don't remember getting one of those; I definitely never gave one out...I was one of those kids who had no interest at all until probably 8th or 9th grade..my parents were probably thrilled for that.

Alverson girls said...

Jeremy says our girls can't date unti 25. I say good luck with that Jeremy! I'll just have to get him the gun he wants. I remember many of those notes. Heck I still send them. Do you like me? Yes___ or No___!

Jill said...

I remember those notes! The ones I gave out had Yes___ No____ Maybe___. I didn't want to get my feelings hurt.

By the way, telling me that going out with you was an assignment from the church, was a really lame line. I saw right through it the whole time. I would have said yes even if it wasn't a church assignment.