Monday, January 19, 2009


Tuesday, well that is tomorrow, but as you all know, unless you have been holed up in the bottom of a vessel sailing the seven seas. Tomorrow is the inauguration of the new president of the United States. I am not a big fan, but it will be a historic event. I did say historic not prehistoric like I was thinking when I saw Stevie Wonder singing at the Lincoln Memorial party. I am glad to see the events and I look forward to the future. DO I believe the President Obama can "change" everything..... no, it takes more that one person to tango. We as a country will need to work together and bash through this funk we are in. I do believe that WE can do it. Is life all that bad...... NO, I think lots of these companies are seeing that they can trim some of the fat. Those that are not pulling his or her weight will get the axe. I hope everyday that I put my best foot forward and can be counted among the hard workers. Heck I think I work pretty hard. I even have a second job lately, a taxi driver! Just ask my girls, they still owe me $4.53 for the taxi ride home the other day. I will just put it on their tab. I plan on giving it my best tomorrow and every other day. Good luck Mr. President and if you wreck your car in SLC, bring it by.
PS. My girls do not think I am very funny either.

4 comments:

Lynne said...

You're right - Yes we can! :-)

Jenny said...

I'm mildly optimistic. I found his speech today both inspiring and annoying...at almost the same moments. Are there problems in this country, sure? But I feel like he overdoes it a little in his talking about how this country needs to be changed. Overall, I still think this is a pretty great country.

But it was a historic day. And it is cool to see an African American take office the day after MLK Jr. Day. In many ways we have come a long way as a nation. And what a great nation it is...to have the right to vote. To watch a new president take office with no bloodshed or anything. We are very blessed.

Scott said...

Greg,

Thanks for making this blog. You have inspired me. Check out my response to the day's events on my blog (http://www.6mackaysinidaho.blogspot.com/)

Greg said...

Ok, Scott, don't look to me for inspiration. I am some dummy that just likes to have fun. Heck, I voted for Sarah Palin because she is hot! Just kidding.