Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Journal Jar #2


Ha tonight's was even better....(this is a follow up from yesterday post).
In high school were you in any academic clubs, (debate, deca, speech...)
Curtis Sanchez and I were in our senior year and just trying to coast through. I had quit playing baseball in the spring and was just getting going on the 18 and under fast pitch softball team. Mrs. Allred (she was hot) begged us to participate in DECA. I had no idea what that was nor what they did. besides I was a Senior and beginning to get trunky, seniorites etc. The Deca region competition came and went and Curtis and I did not participate. We were too cool. 2 days before the state tournament her and Tammy Kershaw (she was hot too btw) came and said that 2 of the people that had qualified for state could not go and we "needed" to fill in for them. BUT we could not use our names we had to be them for that competition at Weber State. Curtis and I finally said OK and the day before they told us how it would work. I got the automotive marketing school and my name was Travis _____. I just had to do the marketing questions and an interview with the judge. Ok, I was nervous, but I could try. So "Travis" went and goofed around the entire time. I went and did the deal. At the awards luncheon that afternoon Curtis and I joked that it was sort of fun. Anyways they are naming the state champions and handing out the trophies. It was fun because there were lots of girls in the fashion categories etc. They got to the Automotive catergory and they anounce Travis..... I sat there not thinking too much. Then Tammy and Mrs. Allred turned to me. "Get up there!" I won state in a competition that I was no where near ready for. Curtis won his category too. We had to go to the National competition (it was in SLC so no big trip, but we did stay in a hotel). To this day 'Travis' name is on the state championship trophy at West Jordan High School.