Monday, March 2, 2009

Journal Jar


Just as a preface, I have begun to run out of things to write about. My life is not on the exciting side. In fact I am pretty much what you would call.....boring. Anyway, I have been writing in a journal for years as some of you know. In the last 8 months I have become enamored with a new journal tool. It is called www.ldsjournal.com I started typing my journal in word sometime ago, but I found this new tool and it is easy to use, and I am all about easy....Ok ladies hold yourself back. So in writing on ldsjournal.com they have a thing called journal jar that gives you ideas and topics to write about. Tonights topic is interesting:
Describe your yard as a child and did you help with yard work?
You are looking at the neighborhood groundskeeper. I mowed the Lister's, Shosted's, Terry's, Grandpa's, and our lawns on a regular basis. Not that I was that good at it, but I did. BUT I also have the worst hay fever alive. My Mom was evil and tortured me in to doing moore and more. (just kdding mom). It gave me something to do during the summer so I could still play baseball. I do not remember getting paid that much. In fact I do not own some yard care business so it must not have been that lucritive.
My yard was the chavez ravine of the neighborhood. We had the set up for Football in the fall and winter and hockey in the driveway and baseball in the summer. My parents live in Dixie Valley in West Jordan. Our house backed up to what was then the airport #2 property. We had the perfect homerun fence. Now they built homes back there. I am sure they found quite the collection of lost balls in the field. Why we did not just climbe the fence and play the games back there I do not know. Dad always complained that home plate was always in the same spot and we were wearing a place in the grass. My yard hosted the Dixie Valley Football League. That was the 2 on 2 league that myslef and Kevin Olson developed. We were budding commisioners. That lasted until my little brother quit my team and I threw him down the basement stairs and broke the back door. See Carl was a quitter and I needed to teach him a lesson. Besides how was the Atlanta Circle James gang supposed to play if we were short 1/2 the team.
Dad has a great yard now with tall trees and shade for the grand kids, but this was the place of my youth, the place where I develpoed into.... Oh I do not know some sort of geek that just blabbers about. Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

The Harding Hive said...

You are not boring Greg. And this post was very fun and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Alverson girls said...

Do you remmber jumping over the pine tree in back? Now I can bearly run around it! :)