Saturday, August 2, 2008

Amazing Kids

I've just spent the last few minutes watching Chris and Kate sit out on the swings talking. It made me smile. Personally, I think I have the worlds most amazing kids. Not perfect kids, amazing kids. They make me smile.

During dinner tonight, I told Greg, Chris, Kate and Kolbie I thought they were all awesome, and I loved them. They all looked at me like I was crazy. Not that it was a bad thing to say, just that it came out of the blue. I know that I don't tell my family that I love them nearly enough. I would truly be lost without them.

I've been thinking lately about all THE MANY things that my family has taught me. Here are a few things:

Kolbie taught me that it's okay to be silly. She's shown me that you can't be serious all the time, and that a smile can really make a difference.

Kate has taught me calmness. Katie hardly ever gets "all worked up" or upset. She's also amazes me with her heart. Kate loves animals and kids, and is amazing with them. She's taught me to not take everything so seriously.

I love the that Chris asks questions, about everything. He shocked me the other day with a birds and the bees talk with myself and a close friend of mine. I love that he asks questions, then makes conclusions.

Greg has taught me so many things, but the biggest thing is to be patient. Greg is the most patient person I've ever met. He's also the most humble.

I have been blessed with my little family, and I could never show how much I love them. We've been so blessed. The thing that I've been thinking about is how I need to start to let go. My kids are growing up and before I know it, I'll have to let go. I don't like that idea too much, but what choice do I have? I just hope and pray that things will continue to be good for us. I hope that I can teach my kids the things they need to know about God, family and everything else.
I'll continue to do the best that I can.

Written by: Jill

2 comments:

Brooke said...

You do have very sweet, good kids. I don't know Chris very well but i know Kate and Kolbie are little treasures! Hope everything goes well with your next surgery!

Aly said...

I guess it depends on the way you look at it...I don't think you have to learn to let go, you just have to learn to embrace them in other ways. Your kids are very sweet kids!!!

I don't feel like parent/child relationships are meant to disconnect as they grow older...I feel closer to my parents the older I get. I just think that instead of holding their hand to cross the street you'll find other ways that they will need you. My mom and dad help me in ways still that no one else can:)