Sunday, August 31, 2008

Church Time

Just a couple of observations at church today I wanted to pass along. We have a great family in our ward. In fact I think I am supposed to be their home teacher, but that is another of my short comings. She is a blogger so I am sure that she will read this eventually, but I could not help but mention the fun things I see. (I am a people watcher, and I enjoy seeing what others are doing.) Anyways the Wibergs are sitting in front of us in church. Carin has mentioned many times how Kate likes to be the "sister" at times to her brothers. I say that in the fun way. At times she will be the best friend and then whamo..... her mood will change and the boys no longer are fun. I witnessed one of those moments. Kate and Brandon were sitting very quietly in sacrament meeting and Kate got Brandon to think he needed to lay down on Mom. Kate was going to... but Carin did not want that. Anyways Carin got frustrated with Brandon and decided to take him out. As they began leaving the row I noticed Kate, she got a big grin on her face directed to Brandon and just as he glanced back one last time..... She stuck her tongue out at him. I almost died trying not to laugh. Carin do not get mad at her because while you were out she made those same faces with the Delamar twins for 10 minutes. It was fun during sacrament meeting.
Another thing I noticed in church today. There are not very many married couples that sit next to each other in our ward. In fact there was one married couple that sat rows apart. If this is because of the divide and concur strategy or the I am not in the mood to sit by your ugly butt! Who knows, but it is funny none the less.
In primary we had the last of the funny things in church that I will relate. Kemra Lamborn taught sharing time. She did awesome and the kids were completely involved. At the end she set up a game much like hang man she called "Let's save Fred". She had made a stick figure out of Popsicle sticks and that was Fred. Under him on the chalk board was some water that she had drawn and she placed 2 plastic sharks in the chalk tray. When the kids got a letter wrong they took a piece of Fred and put it down by the sharks. Chance missed a letter and went up and got one of his legs. Chance made the shark's mouth move like he was eating it and our boys caught on. It was more fun to miss letters than get them right. They picked Q & Z & X, laughing the whole time. Pretty soon Jackie Simper had to point out that if they got the words right there was a treat. I think our boys would have booed if they got a letter right in the game. Oh the fun we have in church.

5 comments:

Aly said...

Church is funny (thank goodness)! I'm glad that you could find a way to amuse yourself:)

We are also one of the rash of homeschoolers in the ward...I have to admit I am not "ultra" one way or the other, for now the pros out weigh the cons for us and home school. But that doesn't mean that you won't ever see us back in the public school system...there are good things on both sides of the fence. For now we LOVE home school and it has done wonders for Annie both socially (surprising I know) and academically:)

I enjoy your posts!

The Wibergs said...

Oh my gosh! Seriously? Do you ever feel like you stick out like a sore thumb (or your family stands out, and so you do too by association--or as the ring leader of the nuts)!?!

How funny! Kate really is a snot sometimes. I'm embarassed you saw my real reason for taking Brandon out: not because he was misbehaving, but because I was fed up with him. I was the one having the temper tantrum!

Cracked me up about Chance pretending the shark was eating the leg! Have I mentioned that he LOVES your class?

The Wibergs said...

Forgot to ask: Did you mean that you are our home teacher?

The Wibergs said...

If you are our home teacher you should mark us down for a virtual visit!

Did you want any of that wood from the tree you helped cut down? I want to get rid of it soon and reclaim my driveway.

Brooke said...

Primary, especially sharing time, always has me laughing! Yeah, I stare at the Wibergs too. (kidding)