Friday, August 15, 2008

Jill's long day @ LD

I am having a hard time sleeping tonight. Jill had her implant done so every time I roll over I hear her groan a bit. The life of a devoted husband, right? Ha, Ha, I get lots of things on my mind sometimes and I have a hard time getting them to slow down so I can relax and go to sleep. Jill came through the surgery very well. It took lots longer than I expected. We go to the hospital around 1 and they told us they were running behind. The nurse thought she would be taken in around 3:30. They even gave me a lunch coupon so I could get something to eat. I love the cafeteria food in the hospitals. Jill ended up going to surgery at 5 and it took a little over 2 hours. Jill always has a hard time coming out of the anesthesia so we left the hospital around 11 and picked up the kids. It was a long day. Jill is doing well.
They will program the implant in a couple of weeks and then she will be home free, we hope.
I hate the hospital, My feet always hurt and we figured out why sometime ago. I think I stress out and tighten the muscles in my feet. I have never stayed in a hospital, except for my birth. In fact the only type of "surgery" I have ever had is stitches and a colonoscopy. Jill on the other hand has got the procedures down pat. When the nurse asks for her history she always asks if they want the condensed version, or the cliff notes. I sure hope this procedure helps and gets us back to normal life. It is not a good thing when the nurses recognize us.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I don't like that the nurses know us either! Thanks for your love and support to help me through all this stuff. I can't wait for our life to be normal again.