Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Chris Turns 13!

Today, Chris turns 13! He's still so much of a kids, and becoming so much of an adult. Here are a few things about Chris:

10. He can see an airplane a mile up in the air, and thinks he can tell you what kind of plane it is.

9. He falls and almost breaks his arm at least twice a year.

8. Once before the Primary Program, he cut his earlobe in half with a pair of sewing scissors.

7. He's handsome.

6. He's opinionated.

5. He's intelligent.

4. He works hard at what he loves.

3. His favorite baseball team changes almost every year.

2. He loves potato casserole.

1. He makes me smile almost everyday.

There are the Top Ten about Chris. He may just be turning 13, but he's been doing the "teenager thing" for a few months now. Chris is the son I always wanted, I love him with all my heart. Sometimes I wish I could be there with him all the time, and tell him what decisions to make, but I know that's not possible. I just have to trust him, the thing Greg and I taught him, and pray. He can be a bit goofy, but who isn't?

I remember the night that Chris was born. He was less than an hour old when our families came in to meet him for the first time. I was holding Chris and crying, because I was so happy (and hormonal) when my dad came over to me and whispered in my ear: "Enjoy him, because tomorrow you'll be sending him on his mission." At the time I was a little annoyed with my dad, thinking that he needed to just let me enjoy the moment. Now however, I know how right he was. Chris isn't leaving on mission (I pray that he makes that choice in just a few years), but time sure does fly. It feel like yesterday when we were worrying about car seats, baby formula and sleeping throught the night. Now we worry about him wearing his seatbelt when we're not in the car, watching our grocery bill climb higher as his appetite increases, and making sure he comes in one time.

Chris is amazing. He makes me smile and laugh almost everyday. I'm blessed to be able to say that. I pray that as continue on through the teenage years (he has two equally amazing sister following behind him) that he will continue to be healthy and happy. He adds so much spirit to our home we are blessed to have him in our family.

2 comments:

Aly said...

Sweet tribute! Happy Birthday Chris!

Greg said...

Hey if anyone would like to contribute to his grocery bill donations are being acepted. He ate an entire box of cinnamon toast crunch on saturday.