Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween

Well, it's Halloween. Yipee. To say that I've never been a fan of Halloween would be the under-statement of the century. I just don't like it, never have, never will. My favorite holiday is July 4th!

Anyway, my kids are all old enough now to not want to hang-out with Mom and Dad anymore. Kolbie, who is dressed as a Vampire, is running around the neighborhood with her best buddy Annie and her family. Katie, who is dressed as a Skyline Football Player (thanks Mason for letting us borrow a uniform), is up at Alyssa's house trying to act cool, and trying to get up the guts to go through the spooke alley the neighbors put on each year. And Chris, who is dressed up is all black (I don't really know what he's supposed to be) is helping in the spook alley. He says he loves to scare all the girls. I just remind him that he scares girls everyday and doesn't need a spook alley. He didn't laugh at my joke.

So it's just me and Greg at home. We have the XM Radio turned to spooky Halloween music, he's reading, I'm blogging and we're waiting for the trick-or-treaters. The weird thing is: there aren't many trick-or-treaters. Dare I say? It's almost spooky? I know, lame joke.

I remember as a kid going trick-or-treating and having the neighborhood crawling with kids. My Mom would just stay standing at the front door, because there were so many kids. Even though Halloween isn't my personal favorite, I do like seeing all the little kids in their costumes. That's the fun part. The rest, I could live without.

1 comment:

Aly said...

Halloween is not my personal favorite either, but this year was so. much. FUN! I am so glad that Kolbie came along with us, it just wouldn't be the same without our Kolbie girl!