Saturday, October 18, 2008

I took a flyer and we went over to Hunter park this morning to see if Dalin was playing football. Luckily he was. It was fun, Dalin ended up losing to West, but they played pretty well. West had an 11 year old that was at least 6'2". Let's see that kids birth certificate! That is not what I wanted to post about. Here goes..... The Bankheads are such a good family. Here we are just some family that came to watch the game, but they make me and my kids feel at home and like we belong there. Kate goes to school with some of the kids on that team. Dalin was sure to say hi to each of my kids in between plays. I am glad that I have him in my primary class. He is a very good kid. I commented to Heather earlier this year that he is sort of a follower. I do not mean that in a bad way. He is one that lurks behind and is always willing to point out when something is not right or he does not feel good about the direction we are going. Dalin will never leave Chance behind in our class. He always wants him to be involved in what everyone else is doing. I respect that. I know that he will grow up to be a fine young man. I know that Jeremy feels the same way. Heather was saying that 2 days after football ends he starts swimming. Busy kid for sure. He has got very good examples in Dan, Heather, Bruce and Vicki to keep him in line. We love you guys! Thanks Bankheads.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

We love the Bankheads too! We think Michelle has a little crush on Dallin. :) He is so nice to all of our girls--he is a great kid. And Kodi is a great playmate for Michelle and Ella. And of course, we love Dan and Heather too.

We love you guys as well. I love serving with Jill in YW! She does a great job with her lessons. I was Kate's primary teacher for a month and she is a sweetie. Kolbie is so cute and friendly. I don't feel like I know Chris all that well, but love reading about him on the blogs.

There are lots of great people in our neighborhood. We're so glad to have so many friends.

Aly said...

Dan and Heather really have done an exceptional job raising their children, I have pointed that out to them on many occasions! They are just such a wonderful family all around.

Heather said...

You are too nice. We were glad to see you at the game. It is always fun when you are around.