Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dodgers !!!


There will be some of you that question my sanity. I am posting a picture here of my dirty, sweaty Dodgers hat. I currently own 3 Dodgers hats. This happens to be the most worn and loved for the moment. Now why would I post it's picture? 2 reasons, First off my team clinched it's playoff birth today courtesy of the team I hate... The D'backs. This is the first NL west championship since 2004. Next week we will begin the post season. The rest of the season games are meaningless, but they must be played. Tomorrow we head to San Francisco to rub it into the Giants' face that we are playing on. Go Dodgers!!
My second reason for posting the picture of my hat is to tell a story. I have to admit that I stole my first ever Dodgers hat from a friend. Kyle Anderson (Brother Anderson to all of you Hunter High School seminary students), was my roommate at Snow College. He "let" me borrow his hat and I just took it over. He claimed that he did not want it back, but why would he? It had been on my head (I had hair then). You cannot share hats right? Kyle has since been excommunicated from the truth that is the Dodgers, but someday maybe he can return to the fold.
If you cannot tell I am excited for my team to enter the playoffs. I pray we make it out of the first round. With Manny, Loney, Either, Dewitt and everyone else, I like our chances.

4 comments:

Aly said...

Chuck has some hats with that gross line of old sweat going across it. Before you know it they will start selling hats that "look" like they have already been sweat in, because it will be the cool thing to wear.

Unknown said...

Greg,
(This is Kyle) I want my hat back!! Just kidding - but I do have to say that there is still a bit of Dodger love in my heart even though my children have turned me to the "dark side" in your mind. I do find it amazing that the Dodgers clinch the title in their division and go to the playoffs under Torre and the Yankees don't make it for the first time in 13 years - and yet the Yankees still had a BETTER RECORD!!! We'll have to argue it out later!

Greg said...

Black = Evil, haven't you learned that yet Kyle. Just kidding, Of course if we got to play the Orioles, Rays, and Rangers over and over we would have a great record too!!
Good to hear from you Kyle!

Heather said...

Greg,
This is Scott. I'm not biased or anything but I'm thinking Dodgers all the way this year. I mean, it's the 20th anniversary of when they last won it all with Hershiser, Gibson and the boys. Go Dodgers!