Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hunter Dance Team and my new toy

No news on the James side of things lately. Kate and Kolbie are performing at the Hunter/Alta game tomorrow night. That will be lots of fun. The game should be decent even though I do not expect Hunter to put up much of a fight against the top team in the state. I am most excited about the girls. They love this week long camp that Hunter does. Every year we hear the begging from the start of the year. This year it is the dance team putting on the camp so I do not "get" to hear those chants over and over and over again. No now I just hear the same songs over and over and over again. Kate is dancing to Supergirl, and Kolbie has Kung Fu fighter. Oh boy, I am old. Now the girls are begging to get back in dance. We need to, they deserve it.

If any of you read my other blog you know that I got a neat new "toy" today. Since we completed the shop's remodel I have had the urge to get all of my sports memorabilia up and try to display it. I have got thousands of baseball cards. Some of them are autographed and others have special stories to me. I have Chris Latham's autographed bat and quite a few other things that each have a story. Anyway, the other day we were talking to our Sikkens outside salesman, Chris Nielson, and he was telling me I needed to get a Cowboys helmet. Chris calls on a guy in town that does helmet certification and also makes display style helmets. I told Chris to check on how much one would cost and to let me know. I guess Louie and Stan called him later and they found a helmet. The helmet was an old Ute helmet that for some reason has been deemed unsafe. The helmet was then resurfaced and painted. The color silver is very close to the real Cowboys silver. The guy who does the work does not like the real Cowboys silver so he takes the Raiders silver and adds 3 drops of blue. I did find it interesting that the decals are NFL decals. These are the same decals that are found on the real NFL helmets. He has to have a special licence to buy the decals. It is so cool. Some day I will find a player and have it autographed. Wouldn't that be awesome! I need to really thank Louie and Stan for their efforts in getting this, it is so awesome.
Can I say it YET??? TGIF, Only a couple of hours away. BTW, some of the girls on that dance team really know how to swing it, it has been fun watching how they teach these younger girls how to do it. I am not sure if the realize how much the younger girls look up to them. Well, I had better get to bed.... Tchau..... Not sure if my title for this post is very appropriate, oh well.

No comments: