Saturday, September 6, 2008

Family Update

I am writing in Red now to help inspire the Utes. Currently it is halftime and we are tied at 14. The game has been a mess literlay. Offensively the team has not been able to move the ball and we have not gotten much going. We need to crush this team, the rebles always have our number.

A post from some friends of ours got me to thinking about our family. September 2, 2008 makes 16 years since I popped the question. I can remember being so nervous that night. I am not very good at expressing my feelings so I will spare you with the whys, but you should know that I love my wife.

I was thinking about the feelings I had that day as we drove down to the Salt Lake Temple. I asked Jill on the South side. The sign there explains why Mormons believe that temple marriage is important and how families can be forever. We read the sign and then I asked her if she would like to be an eternal couple.

Since then we have gone through tons. Some of my favorite days include the days my three kids were born. That experience increases my testimony of how close we are to our Heavenly Father. I felt as though I was part of the plan he has prepared for us. Baptizing each of the kids was also very touching to me.

Chris is the son I always wanted. From day one he would sit with me and watch sports. I love watching and helping him play baseball. He has a love of the game that most kids do not.

Kate is 11 and teaches daily what girls are made of. I love seeing how beautiful she is becoming. I think I had better buy that shotgun that Louie wants to sell me so that I can ward off the boys soon.

Kolbie will be the death of me some day. She is eight now and she knows what buttons to push to get what she wants.

We have lived in 6 apartments and 1 home. 10 1/2 years here on Woodgrove Dr. We have owned 8 cars, 4 of them we still have. (Warning, my truck is going to be rolling again soon, that is my goal!). I have had 2 jobs, Inkleys and Rick Warner Body Shop. Jill has jumped around, but her most important "job" has been being the Mom. The callings we have had include young mens, elders quorum, primary, and young women. The kids keep us busy. Chris has played hockey for 5 years, baseball since he was 6 and basketball for a couple. Of course we were sucked into the leadership of the baseball league for 2 years. That almost killed me with stress, but I gained valuable experience.

I love my life, I am glad that 16 years ago I had the cahones to get the ball rolling. I would not change a thing (other than earning more money, and gaining less weight). I just hope I have another 16 years to enjoy. By then all the kids should be out of the house and I can chase Jill around whenever I want.

By the way --- the color inspired the Utes they are up 28 to 14 with 5:54 left in the 3rd Qtr!!! Go Utes!!!

2 comments:

The Wibergs said...

I didn't know you work 2 jobs. What do you do for Inkleys?

Greg said...

I worked at Inkleys when I first got married. I worked in the warehouse and shipping department for 5 years.